Rotating Ad

icon

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Buttermilk Substitute

Homemade Buttermilk in 5 Minutes



Homemade Buttermilk

No need to buy buttermilk for just one recipe. There are few people that actually enjoy drinking buttermilk. I would always buy a half gallon of buttermilk when a recipe called for it. Then I would end up throwing half or more away.

That was before I found out about this wonderful buttermilk substitution! This really works! I was so excited about it, I have to share!

You need:
  • milk (whole works best, but you can use whatever you have)
  • 1 tbsp, white vinegar

Pour 1 tbsp of vinegar in a measuring cup. Then add milk up to the 1 cup line. Now leave it for five minutes. Then add to your recipe. If your recipe calls for more than a cup, that's OK, just use your 1 cup of homemade buttermilk and use plain milk for the remaining about.

People have also stated that lemon juice can be used instead of white vinegar to make buttermilk. I personally have not tried it, but I think it would work due to the acid in the lemon.




Save 15% on Natural Cosmetics

No comments:

Comments, Question or a Recipe for us to try? Contact us below...

Name

Email *

Message *